Ducks' Kesler expected to miss upcoming season after surgery
Anaheim Ducks centre Ryan Kesler is expected to miss the upcoming season after undergoing right hip resurfacing surgery last week.
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Anaheim Ducks
The Ducks said the surgery was performed May 9 by Dr. Edwin Su in New York. The procedure is less invasive than a full hip replacement and does allow for the possibility for Kesler to resume his career following a lengthy recovery.
General manager Bob Murray said in a statement the organization will support any decision he makes regarding his future.
The 34-year old Kessler also underwent hip surgery in 2017. He had three goals and five assists in 60 games last season. The 15-year veteran played in his 1,000th game last season.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
The Associated Press