Tomas Plekanec has recently returned to play hockey where his professional
Internationally, Tomas has represented the Czech Republic on numerous occasions, helping the central European nation bring home some hardware in the process. He has been a key member of six Czech world championship squads, earning a silver medal (2006) along with two bronze medals (2011, 2012) during that span. Tomas was also a member of the Czech team for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Tomas, along with Jágr and Jiří Tlustý round of a contingent of locked-out NHL players who will suit up for Kladno in front of the passionate fans in their home country until a fair agreement is reached.
- Had a career best 70 points (25G, 45A) during the 2009-10 season
- Recorded his 300th career NHL point against the Buffalo Sabres on February 15th, 2011
- Born in Kladno, Czech Republic on October 31, 1982
- Drafted in the 3rd round, 71st overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft
- Played two full seasons of junior hockey in his home town before joining the Canadiens system in the 2002-03 season